The Neffs National Bank is an independent community bank with a long tradition of quality customer service. We would like to provide you with a brief history of our institution.
On February 23, 1923, a group of prominent, civic minded and courageous persons met and enacted The Articles of Association for the incorporation of The Neffs National Bank, providing for the start of urgently needed banking services to the community. The organizers were: Calvin F. Hill, Jay B. Kern, Clayton E. Snyder, Raymond H. Moser, Henry P. Wehr, Harvey E. Wotring and Ray J. Frantz.
The Organization Certificate was drawn on April 3, 1923, whereupon it was signed by the organizers. There were fifty-five original shareholders. The by-laws were adopted on November 23, 1923, and the bank was chartered to perform its business functions on December 20, 1923.
The first Board of Directors included: Calvin F. Hill, Harry B. Kern, Jay B. Kern, Jacob D. Kuhns, Elmer W. Kunkel, Preston E. Lentz, Joseph N. Mertz, Raymond H. Moser, Rollo O. Peters, Herbert S. Ritter, Clayton E. Snyder, Henry P. Wehr and Harvey E. Wotring. Elected as officers were: Calvin F. Hill, President; Jay B. Kern, Vice President; and Irvin H. Lengel, Cashier.
The bank originally conducted its business operations using a small room between The Neffs Hotel and Kern & Moser's General Store. It was not until 1937 that the present day bank building was constructed, which was expanded in 1965 and again in 1995.
In 1986, Neffs Bancorp, Inc. was formed and continues in operation as a one-bank holding company. The Neffs National Bank is the sole subsidiary of Neffs Bancorp, Inc.
In April 2020, The Neffs National Bank opened its second location at 211 S. Best Avenue in Walnutport PA. The Walnutport Office is the first expansion of the bank outside of its long-standing location in Neffs, PA.
From its modest beginning in 1923, the growth of the bank has been influenced by the prosperity of the local communities. Individuals and businesses continue to contribute to promoting community-oriented, independently-operated banking. Community banking continues today under dynamic leadership of a dedicated Board of Directors, the excellent cooperation of the employees and loyal support of the shareholders and depositors.
The mission of The Neffs National Bank is to respect our past as we grow and remain a strong, independent, community-oriented bank.
Time Line of The Neffs National Bank/Neffs Bancorp, Inc.
February 23, 1923 - Articles of Assoc. for the incorporation of The Neffs National Bank were enacted
April 3, 1923 - Organizational Certificate was drawn/signed
November 23, 1923 - Bylaws were adopted
December 20, 1923 - Bank was chartered
1923 - Assets $59,147 Capital $14,780
1938 - Present day bank building complete
1948 - 25 year anniversary of The Neffs National Bank
Assets $2,070,000 Capital $197,000
1965 - Expansion of bank building
1973 - 50 year anniversary of The Neffs National Bank
Assets $14,730,000 Capital $1,241,000
1986 - Neffs Bancorp, Inc. formed as holding company of The Neffs National Bank
1995 - Expansion of bank building
1998 - 75 year anniversary of The Neffs National Bank
Assets $132,581,000 Capital - $24,538,000
2017 - Neffs Bancorp, Inc. -
Assets $349,218,000 Capital $63,287,000
2019 - Neffs, Bankcorp, Inc -
Assets $376,142,000 Capital $70,637,000
2020 - The Neffs National Bank opens their second location at 211 S. Best Avenue in Walnutport, PA.